Welcome to Simply Adrift!
Here you will find articles relating to books, bookish discussions, blogging tips & tricks, and lifestyle & travel posts.
Please find more information about Simply Adrift and about me below.
Oh hey there!
My name’s Jordon, and I am the writer of this blog.
Simply Adrift is a blog about books, blogging, lifestyle & travel. If you like to read, discuss books, movies, TV and travel, and if you’re interested in tips about blogging: Simply Adrift is an amalgamation of all of those.
I’m rather proud of my little corner of the internet.
So stick around and check it out!
Simply Adrift is a blog where you can find:
- Discussions on books
- Book reviews
- Anything bookish
- Blogging tips & tricks
Authors please read my review policy.
Simply Adrift Author: Jordon
My name is Jordon, I’m a twenty-something New Zealander, living in London.
I’ve loved to read since I was a child and my mum introduced me to her favourite childhood books such as Famous Five by Enid Blyton, and then to her all time favourite series The Belgariad by David Eddings. My dad used to take me to the library and tell me I had to pick out at least two books to take home each week – My parents both helped me to become a book lover.
I’m a cat lover and miss my beautiful cat that’s back in New Zealand. I make sure my brother sends me regular updates on him – as you do when you live abroad. I miss family and friends from home, but ultimately I love my life in London. I love the lifestyle here and I love that Europe is so close and I can travel so easily.
People often describe me as bubbly and enthusiastic, I’m often found bouncing around getting excited by everything that’s going on. I like to think of myself as a positive person and like to influence positivity in other peoples lives.
hate like to exercise, I like to eat well although I despise don’t enjoy cooking, I like to go out and make new friends although I can be shy around people I don’t know very well. I have been told I have a facetious sense of humour, I can’t disagree. People who make me laugh and smile are a constant in my life.
- I’m from New Zealand (Don’t get that mixed up with Australia :P)
- I live in London & have lived here for three years
- I like to travel and explore places – every country is different & it’s so much fun discovering that out
- I’m more active if I get up in the morning and do something instead of laying in my bed
- My favourite book series of all time is the same as my mothers, The Belgariad by David Eddings
- I love the YA fantasy and science fiction genres, they’re my go-to genres when I’m in a reading slump
- My favourite TV show genre is science fiction, usually more geared towards space opera
- I’m very much interested in coding websites
- I used to think acting was my call in life, until I went travelling, & now I’m convinced I’m meant to see as many places in this world as possible
Where you’ve seen me
- Pages Unbound featured me on their blog!
- Molly’s Book Nook listed me as one of the blogs that inspires her (P.S. Me too!)
If you love Simply Adrift, feel free to showcase my button on your website!
If you want to contact me, please see my contact page.
If you want to keep up-to-date with me and receive weekly newsletters – sign up below!