I cannot believe that it’s ALREADY 2018.
I feel like time is slipping through my fingers and I’m not using my time wisely.
Every year I think back to what I was doing the year before at the same time, and I feel weird that a whole year has passed since then. Last year at Christmas to New Years time, I was travelling with my friends to Belgium, Paris & Berlin for New Years Eve. This year I was in Toronto for Christmas, and New York for New Years. I’m really glad I was travelling again! There was no FOMO (fear of missing out) for me. I wonder what I will be doing for Christmas & New Years this year? Hopefully I’ll be travelling again!
In 2017, I don’t feel like I accomplished much. I had the intention of doing so much more than I did, but somehow, I never quite completed the tasks I set for myself. Mainly my blogging goals. I feel like 2017 was a fail of a blogging year. I consistently lost blogging motivation, I kept apologising for my lack of content, I was in-and-out for a lot of the time of the year. I just wasn’t present on my blog.
I don’t regret the year that I had. I mean the highlight of my year was going to Egypt and seeing the Pyramids. Seeing the Pyramids made me so happy that I cried. I had the most full on week, but it was one of the best weeks ever. I can’t recommend enough to go to Egypt! I was the maid of honour for my cousin in New Zealand, and her wedding was beautiful, she was a stunning bride. I had a white Christmas in Canada! And I got to see the ball drop in Times Square, New York without having to stand outside in the freezing cold.
Life was incredibly busy last year in terms of working & socialising. I spent more of my time stressing about work (Something I aim to reduce this year), and more time hanging out with friends (Something I will definitely continue). While I am sad I didn’t meet many of my blogging goals, I am not sad about the year I had.
What will 2018 bring blogging wise? I’m not sure to be honest! My main goal is to be consistent with my content! Even if that means to only post once a week, I will be happy if I can keep it at once a week consistently for the 52 weeks of the year. So that means 52 high quality posts right? Well, I guess I’m already behind on that train considering it’s already the middle of January…
(Click them to make them bigger!)
The year of 2017
- My favourite post of 2017 is a mixture between how to write kick-ass content & how to write high quality original content, I still stand by and use these points!
- The hardest post to write was when I admitted I gave up my dream – well what I had spent my life-to-that-point thinking was my dream.
- The most fun post to write was books I love to recommend, because I really enjoyed going back through the list of books I’ve read from the beginning of time (That I could remember).
- My favourite new social media app to use was Tailwind.
- I tried to start a blogging series for newbie bloggers. I failed because I only ever posted one blog post… This is something I may re-visit this year!
- My favourite book that I read in 2017 was Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton.
- Following close behind that, I absolutely loved Amid Stars & Darkness by Chani Lynn Feener, and Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray.
- The most disappointing read of 2017 was a tie between Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan (Honestly, most lacklustre ending to a duology ever), and The Cursed Queen by Sarah Fine (I hated every single character in this book! Such a disappointment because I LOVED The Impostor Queen).
I only reviewed 15 books this year?! Last year I reviewed 38 books!
Comparing 2016’s wrap up post to 2017’s, you can clearly see how much blogging mojo I’ve lost… I’ve posted maybe half as often in 2017 than I did in 2016. Let’s hope 2018 will be the year blogging!
What are your goals for this year? What are your blogging goals? What is your one blogging regret from 2017? Do you have a blogging plan?