Series: Reign of Shadows, #2
Published by HarperTeen on February 7th 2017
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
Also in this series: Reign of Shadows
Also by this author: Reign of Shadows
Amazon | The Book Depository
- I thoroughly enjoyed Reign of Shadows
- Rise of Fire was a different kind of sequel
What I Liked
- Luna’s bad-assery. She was still awesome.
- The setting had changed, they were no longer running for their lives outside but rather battling through the dangers of being in a court they did not want to be in.
- We get to learn more about the Dwellers and how they work.
What I didn’t like
- The attempt at making a villain sound horrible and then turning him into a good guy. This book wasn’t big enough for that, Prince Chasan was not convincing as a villain and it was obvious he was meant to be the villain-who’s-actually-a-good-guy.
- The ending felt so rushed! This book series could have been a three book series. From the ending of Rise of Fire I feel like the author intended this from the beginning. So much happened in the last few chapters, it was all over so quickly. The book built up and then fizzled out.
- Sometimes you just need to rant about a major plot point. The next point is a massive spoiler! Do not read if you have not read this book, you have been warned. View Spoiler »This whole series was built on Luna trying to stay alive from the King of Relhok, which she is the rightful princess to. However, she NEVER makes it back to Relhok to reclaim her place in these books? There’s no fight IN Relhok. The King of Relhok merely shows up in the last chapter and Luna kills him. Done. That’s it. Just like that. Whaaat?! I was so annoyed with this. All of that suspense and it finished so easily. It was a bit of a ridiculous ending in my opinion. « Hide Spoiler
Have you read this book? What do you think of the conclusion?