Series: The Queen of the Tearling, #3
Published by Harper on November 29th 2016
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
Also in this series: The Invasion of the Tearling
Also by this author: The Invasion of the Tearling
Amazon | The Book Depository
- I have been dying to read The Fate of the Tearling since I finished reading the second book of this series.
- Book three changes yet again compared to book one and book two. You think you know what you’re going to get and then when you read it you realise this book is not the same.
What I liked
- The ending. Why? Because it makes freaking sense. Also because it was shocking.
- We get to see more of the Mort Queen and she is one interesting character.
- The Fate of the Tearling draws you in and it’s really hard to put this book down. I read it in a total of three days and that was reading every spare moment I had, I really just enjoyed this.
- Erika Johansen has this style of writing that pulls the reader in, I will definitely be reading other books by her. She’s a really good author!
What I didn’t like
- The ending. But I already said I liked the ending. Let me explain: View Spoiler »I didn’t like the ending because while it made sense to me it also broke my heart! I really wanted to know more about this new world Kelsea has woken up in. « Hide Spoiler
- Kelsea sees the memories of another woman in this book, and it’s not Lily. This made me sad because I had really enjoyed Lily’s chapters in book two. However I didn’t really like Katie’s chapters, I didn’t much like reading Katie.
- Some of the characters we got to know in the first and second book all of a sudden have a light shed on them and everything clicks into place. But it also changed the way I thought about this series as a whole, nothing was as it seemed and noone was who they seemed. The Fate of the Tearling was a good finish to the series but so very different than expected.
Have you read this book? What did you think of the series as a whole? Did this finish the way you expected?