I felt like I was a bit out of the loop this month blogging wise and forever falling behind on my blogging goals.
At first it was because I was really busy with work and wasn’t on social media as often because I was so tired, but then I was out of it a week because I got a really bad migraine that knocked me off of my feet. I don’t often get migraines, but this one was so bad I physically couldn’t go in to work for half of the week – it was horrible! I also couldn’t blog because all I was doing those days was sleeping and hoping the pain and exhaustion stopped.
Ironically, even though I expressed my opinions on commenting this month, I’m also behind on replying to comments left on my blog + visiting all of you lovely people and commenting on your blogs… I’m sorry! I hope to catch up this weekend!
Here is June wrapped up.
What I’ve been up to outside of blogging my life
Besides being busy at work and unwell. I’ve been really busy this month planning my month long backpacking trip in mid-July to mid-August around Europe with my friend. We’ve planned Greece, Malta, The French Riviera, Spain and Portugal.
We still need to book accommodation for the latter half but we have an idea of a route and where we want to go. I am so excited guys! Beach time (soooo much beach time), sightseeing, a bit of history, and hopefully new friends will be made!
I bought Ashley from Nosegraze’s ‘Build Your Own Damn Website‘ course! I loved her ‘Master Customizer‘ course (I 100% recommend it if you’re self hosted and need help with CSS) which has helped me so much with Simply Adrift.
I’m still playing around with things and learning, but now at least I know how CSS works and I really enjoy tinkering with things. So I knew I needed to try her ‘Build your own damn website’ course. I haven’t had time to start it yet but I definitely plan to get stuck in once I return from Europe in August.
I went to the Royal Ascot Races and saw the Queen. That was an experience because I’ve never been to the races before and everyone was dressed to the nines. It was so much fun! I also may have won a few bets.
What I watched
This month I finished The Flash season 2. And omg, guys! This was wayyy better than season 1 and wholly crap I am SO EXCITED for season 3 to come out in October!
Of course I also watched Game of Thrones. And OMFG!!! THAT ENDING!!! I am SO excited for the next season! I can’t believe we all have to wait until NEXT YEAR to find out how everything turns out!!
I didn’t really watch anything else but I am looking for something new since I’ve finished both The Flash and GoT, do you have any recommendations?
Here is my blogging month in review!
On the Blog in June
Book Related Discussion
In the blogosphere in June
Here are some awesome posts that I stumbled across this month. Check them out!
- Molly confesses her old book reading habits
- Cait sticks up for YA and explains who YA is intended for
- Molly shared her types of reading slumps and how she gets herself out of them
- Annika confesses she could never get rid of any of her books
- Alana wonders if she should take physical books or an eReader on holiday
- Liselle discusses writing diverse and diversity in books
- Kristen discusses feminism and double standards in books
- Elle shares the fantasy cliches she hates
- Aly discusses if fantasy books can be standalone books
- Pamela has 5 awesome printable bookmarks to share!
- Kristen discusses injuries and realism in books
- Aly lists the problems with being a book addict
- Charnell wonders if the end of a series is what really matters or if it’s the journey to get there
- Inge lists all the reasons why authors need book bloggers
- Nisha wonders about using maturity ratings on books
- Tamara admits she’s over buying books
- Jamie discusses when your favourite genre is no longer your favourite
Book Blogging Related
- Cait explains what book bloggers actually do
- Nellie clarifies signs of blogger burn-out and how to overcome them
- Beth shares how she plans her blogging month
- Tracey admits she finds reviewing books hard
- Liselle shares her journey monetizing her book blog
- Kristen explains why she thinks negative reviews are a positive thing
- Pamela wonders if there is too much blogging advice out there
- Citra shares her blogging dreams!
- Krysta shares her tips on how she juggles her real life and blogging life
- Alexandra confesses she struggles with commenting
- Briana and Krysta have created a beginners guide to starting a book blog
Other posts that are awesome
- Steph has tips on staying positive on your fitness journey (Don’t give up, keep going!)
- Emma has advice on improving your off days
- Ashley shares her fitness journey and how she changed her lifestyle
- Emma discusses confidence and encourages you to rock it
- Lily is looking for guest posters!
- J gives advice about writing dialogue
- J also gives advice about writing description
- Jenn has tips on how to start a book club
- Imogen encourages you to listen to yourself
How was your blogging month? Did you blog as much as you wanted to or did you end up being really busy? Did you find any amazing blog posts? Did you read a book that you just can’t stop thinking about? Did you watch Game of Thrones?